So There You Go

Monday, July 03, 2006

Let's All Have a Moment of Silence

I'm in mourning. I just got rid of a whole bunch of bras, underwear and FLIP FLOPS. It was very hard for me to part with my shoes and I didn't get rid of as many pairs as I should have, but I felt that getting rid of any at all was a feat in itself. Baby steps are the key here. I'm trying to downsize a little in preparation for the big move coming up. Not that I can really get rid of that much stuff, but any little bit counts. I'm also working on getting rid of crap in the refrigerator. I'm going to try to buy as very little food as possible between now and then.
Poor Lucy had a minor crisis this morning. She still has a baby tooth that hasn't fallen out yet and somehow it started bleeding. I was on the phone with my mom and she jumped up on the couch next to me, blood dripping everywhere. It was gross. I had to rinse her mouth out and keep her in the sink for a few minutes until the bleeding stopped.
On another frustration station note. Something I've been thinking about blogging about for a while now, but never got around to it: my thoughts and feelings. I hate when people tell me what I'm thinking or feeling and then don't believe me when I tell them they're wrong. This is no one in particular, multiple people do this. They claim my face says it all. I'm beginning to think I need a new eyebrow shape, a face lift, some wrinkle cream or some other fix for my face because apparently it is making faces that I'm not thinking. It is so frustrating because then people get all upset with me because I'm supposedly thinking something that I honestly am not thinking. Perhaps part of the problem is that I'm also a complete daydreamer and my mind wanders ALL of the time. I can't focus on just one thing, there has to be other thoughts running in the background. I don't know why people I assume I'm lying to them. It isn't like I'm constantly going around telling lies. I don't know, it's just really been getting to me lately. It feels like people always assume I'm thinking the worst. Am I really that bad of a person, that people feel like I'm always thinking about things about them? Am I that out of touch with reality that I don't know what I'm thinking or feeling? Finally, an example of a conversation to illustrate my point.
Bill: Are you ok? (referring to our breakup)
Me: Yes, I'm fine.
Bill: No, you aren't. I can hear it in your voice.
Me: Yes I am! (And the honest truth is I am fine, in fact not once have I regretted my decision!)
ARRRGGG!! What he heard in my voice was exasperation that he drunk dialed me in the middle of the night and I was stupid enough to answer!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    So people somehow think they know you better than you know yourself?
    I think ex's think that we are more fragile that we are, that somehow we are secretely pining over them. It makes them feel better. Especially when you don't immediately start dating someone (in which case it would mean that you are just trying to get over them or can't stand to be alone, so you can't really win).

    Way to know what you want and not let others tell you what you're thinking!

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger JILL said…

    HAPPY 4th OF JULY! if i had time i would comment furhter in regards to your post but i must be off to get ready for WORK... again! we shall need to talk soon i have mew info to share about my work!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger slens04 said…

    I think this whole post is a lie. I could tell by the way you typed it. You should really stop being such a liar. Your pants are going to start on fire.

    I had a moment of silence for the discarded flip flops. Also, I don't think you really got rid of any flip flops. You just posted that to make us think you are making progress. It's all a lie. Stop lying.

    I am going to make up a song about you, "Lying Lindsay".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home