So There You Go

Monday, October 17, 2005

Sweet Home Iowa?

So I got to talk to my good friend Jill tonight. It's always bittersweet though. I mean don't get me wrong I love Jill and I love talking to her and I wish I got to do it everday (which I would get to do if she'd hurry up and move out here!), but it just reminds me of how much I miss home. I love Fort Collins and I am having a blast out here, but there is just something about home that always makes me miss it. I always feel like the movie Sweet Home Alabama was written about my life. Should I just assume that is how I'll end up? I can really see the whole thing playing out, right down to going back to the country boy at the end. I don't know how I feel about this. It literally changes everyday. Arg I hate being torn and I hate those random homesick feelings that pop up every now and then. I wish I could just fast forward five years and see where I am, then rewind back to now and enjoy the ride. At least I get to go to Kirksville in a couple days, that should feel a lot like a trip home! I'm very lucky to have my best friend here with me otherwise I think this weekend would be an awful tease.
I met a lot of cool people on Saturday. I went to a party where I didn't really know anyone all by myself. This independence thing is really starting to come around. I was literally the youngest person there. I felt like a baby! Oddly enough, random making out doesn't go away when you get old, just so you know. I thought once you left college, or at least once you hit 30, you got past that. Evidently not. There was no making out on my part anyway, but there was a cute guy there that I kind of liked. Hopefully I'll see him again sometime! He wasn't even really my type, but I thought he was cute nonetheless which I found interesting. Do I really even have a type? Oh the questions of life...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger slens04 said…

    OMG!!! I went to visit my grandparents in northwest Iowa this weekend and had some of those EXACT same thoughts...including the movie Sweet Home Alabama! I can totally see myself moving back to Iowa and living out in the country, happily married to some country boy...in fact, that is kinda what I would like to happen. As I drove past the tractors in the fields, I thought...I wonder if I could date him...I never thought I would want to live in Iowa when I was older, but now I think it would be great...I miss you....and your Iowa ways...

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh linze lou! oh how i envy your sweet home alabama 'dream'... because that girl had 2 wonderful men that loved her enuf to not want to let her go... her hardest thing was choosing which one her heart needed to be with ... i cant even find ONE guy! grr... maybe next year if i come live with you, i'll find one in ft collins!

    on another note-- im sorry i make you homesick! i do not wish to... i love you and miss you & thanksgiving isnt to far away! seriously .. and when you come home this time, it will also feel as though you never left... thats whats great about it here in the country... it takes forever for something to really change... (kinda like in the movie!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home