So There You Go

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Miss Universe

Tonight while I was baby-sitting I watched the swimsuit portion of the Miss Universe Pagent. I found it fascinating that although a few of the countries on there have a different view of what is beautiful and what a woman's body should look like, all of the contestents were of American standards. For example, don't Mexicans like their women to have a little junk in the trunk? And don't Swedens like their women almost a little husky? These women were all skin and bones, several of them grossly so. Then these poor girls were parading about in their suits and the girl from Ethiopia looked really uncomfortable. I was really surprised that some of the countries allowed women to be doing such things (ie India). It was all just very fascinating to me.
Tomorrow starts my hectic two weeks. Everything that is happening is exciting, but it will be hectic nonetheless. Monday through Thursday I watch Chase as usual. Tomorrow night Jenny and I are going to the Cardinals/Rockies game. Wednesday night I'm watching Peyton and Parker overnight. Thursday night is Kaci's bachelorette party. Then Friday morning Chase, Steph, Jill and Ryan will be here. I'm sure we'll be busy, then I have to move. Almost as soon as they leave, my uncle is coming into town for a couple days. After he leaves I think I'll FINALLY be able to catch up on some sleep.
I watched Chase tonight. Things are really starting to get better with him. Don't get me wrong, we still have our moments when we disagree, but things are looking up. James and Kelli continue to grow on me as well. I'm feeling much better about my decision to stay with them this fall and not work for Tom and Denise. I'm going to miss Logan and Lauren a ton and hopefully I'll still get to see them periodically, but as far as job security, I feel like staying with James and Kelli is a better idea. They invited me to go on the lake and go waterskiing with them this weekend. I had to turn them down since I will have guests in town and the wedding is that day, but I really want to go with them sometime. I think it would be a lot of fun!
School starts in less than a month. What is that? I'm ready to get going and get done, but at the same time school is school and I'm rather enjoying my summer freedom. I feel a lot less busy on a day to day basis.
We went to see our house today. I sure hope those boys clean up well! You can definitely tell it's sophomore boys living there. I'm excited for the yard for Lucy, but I need to fix a couple things which will involve a trip to Home Depot I'm afraid. We'll see how that goes. I hope I'll like the room I got. I'm really excited to move into it! I hate that it might take a little longer than normal to get completely settled with people in town, but that's ok.
I ought to be off to bed now. Best not to start the week tired!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home