So There You Go

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Doesn't Anyone Listen to LeAnn?

Recently I've thinking about people being judgmental of other people. Why does it always seem like the people who are supposed to be so Christian and so religious, are the most judgmental? I find that I'm more comfortable with people who aren't, for lack of a better term and not that I condone it but, Bible Thumpers? I just feel like these people are constantly looking at me and judging what I'm doing wrong and what a horrible person I am. Is it because people that aren't "Bible Thumpers" (again, sorry, lack of a better way to describe it) are also doing the same things I am (drinking, going out, random making out, etc)? I just feel like, if you are so Christian, then why are you so judgmental? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I and anyone that isn't really religious, aren't judgmental, I'm just saying that these supposed religious people are more so. I don't want to name any names, but if you ask I can fill you in. Does anyone else feel this way? Am I the only one? And you know what else I don't like about these people, while I'm on the subject? They go all over the world and frighten people into converting to Christianity, disregarding the fact that the poor people have their own religion. Arg. Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian, but what right do we have to travel around the world and practically force people into Christianity? I hate talking to one of these people and seeing the contempt and pity in their face when we talk about religions of other people. So the moral is, think twice before you judge, especially if you are a Christian.
As LeAnn Womack says..."It sure ain't Christian to judge a stranger!"

2 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Go Lindsay, I agree and so often feel the same.
    I think it's partly because we notice the so called "bible thumper" christians because they are the loud ones that raise a ruckus. (ruckus is that an actual phrase?)
    Hope all is well. It was good to get your newsletter today.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger slens04 said…

    AMEN sister!
    I think I know who you are referring to her and while I don't know her personally, I feel your anger...and I will pray for your soul.
    Your lucky I'm going to be a nun someday.
    Sister Mary Spike

     

Post a Comment

<< Home