So There You Go

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Things Are Crazy in the Midwest!

So, everyday I read my hometown newspaper online to keep up with what's going on, who had a baby, who died, who got arrested, etc. I must say there are crazy things going on right now! Two murderers broke out of the prison just south of town (read about it on CNN.com!), my friend's little sister got in trouble, a rehab counselor was murdered and there's tornadoes everywhere. Things are a mess! You can't say that nothing ever happens there!
I've been getting really frustrated lately with my classmates. Everyone wants to be spoon fed and have all these due dates extended and what not. Let me tell you, they'd never last a week at Truman. I just want to yell at them to grow up and act like they are in grad school not high school. For example, today we talked about experiments in our research class. We went over confounding variables and assigning participants to groups and what not, which is what we have to talk about for an assignment due tomorrow (that we've had for 2 weeks) and in the assignment it's called "internal validity". Now we had a substitute professor and he didn't come right out and say "this is internal validity", so several people in my class think we haven't talked about it and obviously we need an extension. I piped up and said, you guys that is what we just talked about! Look at your notes (and notes being notes our professor email to us to print off)! Good grief! I'm so glad we have a break SOON!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home